Thumb Area Regional Community Corrections
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Thumb Area Regional Community Corrections/Electronic Monitoring Coordinator
Thumb Area Regional Community Corrections/Electronic Monitoring Assistant Coordinator
The Thumb Area Regional Community Corrections Office operates under Public Act 511 which was passed in 1988. The goal of Public Act 511 is to reduce prison commitments through State funded grant programs for community-based sanctions and services.
Currently the following programs are being funded and operated:
- Substance Abuse- This program is a cognitive based program that helps offenders who have a substance abuse problem.
- Thinking Matters- This program is another cognitive based program that utilizes evidence-based practices to show offenders how their thought processes led to actions that ultimately resulted in criminal activity.
- IOP Intensive Outpatient Program- This program is for drunk drivers who have been convicted of an OWI 3rd (Operating While Intoxicated third offense). The program runs for 5 weeks and meets 3 times per week.
- Offender Success Management- This program is an intensive supervision program that adds another level of contact with the offenders to ensure they are conforming with the rules and guidelines and completing the programs they have been referred to.
- Opiate/Meth Specific Program- This program is a 150-day residential program that is specifically designed to help offenders with a chronic opiate or meth addiction through both group and one-on-one counseling. This program is held at TRI-CAP which is located in Saginaw, Michigan.
- Employability Skills Program- This program is a program developed to help offenders navigate around their felony conviction and achieve gainful employment.
We also provide the following services: (No appointment necessary)
PBT (Preliminary Breath Test) - $10.00
Court Ordered DNA - $15.00
Drug Testing - $25.00
Concealed Pistol License - $15.00